Resurgence Initiatives and House of Prayer Edmonton are partnering up to engage the body of Christ across Edmonton in a 5-day challenge to pray & fast!
Prayer & fasting are components of the Christian walk that empower us to partner with what God is doing in our time. We are calling our community to engage in a 5-day challenge to enhance our ability and desire to commune with the Lord!
- Commit to fast
- Choose to sacrifice something in order to set your focus on God: food, entertainment, media, time. Choose something that you can commit to and set it in your heart to be faithful to. Ask God for grace on what you can give to him trusting that He will see you through and reward you for your hunger for his presence.
- Commit to pray
- Personally – Devote a period of time each day to connect with the Lord. We’ll send out a daily devotional to help direct your time of prayer. It is so important that we are intentional in setting up time daily for prayer and reading of the Word to receive what he wants to give.
- Corporately – Find a prayer meeting to join with at least once during the 5 days. Whether that’s through your home church or joining us on zoom, it’s important to hone the skill of praying together as the body.
Corporate Prayer Gathering
Resurgence & House of Prayer Edmonton will be gathering to pray ONLINE via Zoom each evening for breakthrough over the areas to which God has opened our ears for this coming season. We invite you to join us as we inquire of God’s heart in unity on different themes, or join in with your local church’s prayer meeting. Online prayer times are from 7:00 - 8:30pm.
- Monday, September 14 | Business & Medical
- Tuesday, September 15 | Political/Government
- Wednesday, September 16 | Arts/Entertainment
- Thursday, September 17 | Family & Education
- Friday, September 18 | The Church
*See Zoom Guidelines below*
Sign Me Up
If you want to join the challenge, sign up below! We’ll help keep you accountable by sending out a daily reminder and devotional by email.